Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pinterest Dinner Board

In an attempt to eat healthier and be more organized, I have decided that I must make a meal plan.  This is not the easiest thing in the world for me, but I am going to do it.

I already have a ton of food on my Pinterest boards, so I created a new one.

Dinner this week 

And (fingers crossed) every saturday I am going to update the board with all new ideas for dinner, create a shopping list, and then follow through by making those items for dinner all week.

 Doesn't this soup from Rachael Ray look delish? My family will be eating this for dinner on Thursday, I will let you know how it works for me and if my picky kids will even try to eat it. 

So here is my shopping list for the week:

Shopping List – Dinner this week – 9/22-9/28
Already Have  

From Pantry
2 cans corn
2 cans black beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
8oz Penne
½ cup chicken stock
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup dried lentils
4 cups beef stock
¾ cup stone ground polenta
¼ cup brandy
½ cup panko bread crumbs

From the fridge
onion
2 stalks celery
garlic
1 beer
butter
fresh peas
fresh basil
feta
6 eggs
5oz fresh shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
carrots
milk

Spices
cumin, coriander, oregano, cilantro, chili powder
salt and pepper, thyme, dried basil, dried parsley, 2 bay leaves, fresh rosemary, dried chives

Need to Buy   

Meat
1lb ground beef
1lb pork sausage

Canned Goods/Condiments
2 cans chili beans
Red wine vinegar

Dairy
1 cup grated parmesan
½ cup ricotta
grated pecorino Romano cheese
1/3 cup soft goat cheese

Produce
Spinach
Apple
5 bell peppers
1 pound asparagus
2 cups cherry tomatoes, 2 large tomatoes
1 pound butternut squash
2 cups cooked spaghetti squash

I potato

* Here's hoping this becomes a habit*

No comments: