Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Paper Candle Shades

So my second idea for small presents is to create a paper candle shade. I saw some really beautiful candlesticks on Etsy and cannot afford anything like that, but I thought it would be really cool to try and come up with a simpler but just as beautiful idea. So I am off to the paper store to find some lovely inspiration and searching the ends of the internet for stencil designs that i might be able to use to make a similar design. I am thinking that I need to use a frame so that there is little or no risk on the burning down the house thing. So this weekend I am going to try and make a beautiful paper shade with some dimensional cut outs. I will post lots of pics and directions if it turns out okay and if not well, I will post the pictures and maybe try again or maybe move on to a new and more practical idea.

No comments: